
The pic here is of Pooka...a Maltese-poodle mix who is a delight. She is my daughter's dog....she loves to get her dressed up for any occassion and the one was for Christmas. Here she sits in the open fridge cooling off. She also goes by the name of Spooky, Bean and Spookaatz. We also have a Rat terrier named Jack who is such a smart dog, it's sometimes scarey. I still think he is a reincarnation of my Mom. We had one other dog, Sadie, who passed 6 years ago after being with us for 14 years.
She was a wonderful dog, I think part collie-terrier, maybe a bearded collie- terrier. I went with the kids when they were about 6 and 8 to the Anti-Cruelty Society to see what they had and when we saw her it was love. She was great with the kids, but they required both hubby and me to be interviewed for the adoption. I had to call hubby at work and tell him he had to come down and he was a bit annoyed. "I'll do it tomorrow" ...but they can only hold the dog for the day and then she goes back up for adoption. So he had to leave work and come down for an interview. I think it's easier to adopt a child than a dog from these folks. He spent 10 minutes in the interview and we passed. She could be picked up the next day post neutered.
Nice thing about Jack is that he is very low maintainence....just needs a bath and his nails cut. Pooka gets to have a spa day about once every 10 weeks. Sadie needed haircuts and it was getting a bit expensive. so I decided to start grooming her myself. How hard can it be to get clippers and cut the hair? She cooperated and was no problem. Well, the first time I did it the kids refused to be seen walking her. OK...so it wasn't a professional job. But she was cooler and she didn't care. I've seen worse cuts on ladies from the hotsy salons along the Gold Coast here.
Hey, the hair always grows back!!!
I love dogs and cats. When we were first married I brought along 2 cats. Little did I realize how allergic John was to them. God bless him, he tolerated them for 2 years. So when one passed, I had to give the other up. But we found her a great home in the country, on a farm. She was a beauty...a classic striped tabby, complete with the bow tie on her chest. The other cat was all black and thought he was a dog....I'd throw a toy and he'd fetch it and drop it for me to throw it again. Another reincarnation ????? You know, animals and kids are so much alike. You feed them, clean up after them, they can't tell you where they hurt and they will act up. So a vet and a pediatrician .....I'll bet they could switch places!
No comments:
Post a Comment